Most people associate Eggnog with brandy and/or rum, but you can make whiskey eggnog as well. It’s best to use a blended or rye whiskey since you don’t want anything too smokey combining with the egg flavor.
Whiskey Eggnog Recipe
- 4 eggs, separated
- 4 oz/100 grams sugar
- 3 fl oz/100ml blended or rye whisky
- 3 fl oz/100ml double cream
- 2 fl oz/60ml whipped cream
How To Make Whiskey Eggnog
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar well in a saucepan.
- Heat over low heat while stirring with a spoon. Slowly add in the cream while continuing to stir.
- Cook until mixture is well combined, usually around 8 minutes
- Remove from heat and add whiskey
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, and stir in to the eggnog
- Add whipped cream and nutmeg to the top of each glass