Pamplemousse is the French word for grapefruit, which provides a solid hint as to what the main mixer is in a Pamplemousse cocktail. It is a fruity cocktail not at all dissimilar to a Duck Soup, though perhaps a little more fruity. A bourbon can also be used, but Canadian whisky works best due to its fruity flavor.
Pamplemousse cocktails are very broad, and may be based on vodka or gin as well. It’s really the mixing flavors that make the cocktail, rather than the base spirit. Fittingly, it masks the flavor of the spirit very well.
Pamplemousse Cocktail Ingredients
- 1 & 1/2 measures Canadian whisky
- 1/2 measure Southern Comfort
- 2 measures grapefruit juice
- 1/4 measure pineapple syrup
- Grapefruit ring and/or cherry to garnish
How to Make a Pamplemousse Cocktail
- Combine all liquid ingredients in a cocktail shaker
- Shake for 30 seconds
- Strain into a rocks glass over ice