It’s frequently so easy to guess the main ingredient of a cocktail, and with the Paddy cocktail, there’s no prizes for guessing that it’s Irish whiskey. Paddy was originally a brand of Irish whiskey, and the cocktail based on it was invented in the early 20th century and was quite sweet.
Paddy Cocktail Recipe Ingredients
- 1 & 1/2 measures of Irish whiskey
- 3/4 measure of sweet red vermouth
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- half-slice of lemon to garnish
If you want to make a cocktail that tastes like the original Paddy, try using equal parts Irish whiskey and vermouth with only a dash or two of Angostura bitters. The above version is much less sweet than the original and will suit most modern palates better.
How To Make a Paddy Cocktail
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker
- Shake well for 30 seconds
- Strain into a cocktail glass